Thursday, November 4, 2010

Adam, Eve, & Amanda

This past week I was at a MFSA (Methodist Federation for Social Action) meeting in Chicago.  I mentioned to a fellow clergyman that I serve a church in Madison, WI and he says to me, "Man- you are SO lucky!  You get to serve a church in the coolest city in the Midwest!"

I took the compliment, thought about it for a minute, and then questioned in my mind if he was right.  Coolest "mid-size" city in the Midwest maybe?!  Then, the next day, I came home to Madison.  It was October 31, "Freakfest" in the Mad-city.  It's one of the largest Halloween celebrations around-- this year some 55,000 people (crazies) were on State St.

My husband, Jason, and I went downtown that night to check out some of the costumes, & happened to meet up with a couple of the church.  As you can see from the posted photo here, we also met up with Adam & Eve.

I'm now posting this picture to the world-- me, my parishioners, and two unknown people in body stockings at 45 degrees.

Did I mention that the wife of the couple sits on the Staff-Parish Committee (which supervises me) and the husband is my Finance/Stewardship Chair?

The dude was right.  I DO live and minister in the coolest city, with the coolest people, in the Midwest.  Period.



3 comments:

Jen said...

Um, Duh. :) Can't wait to get back soon!

Sharon said...

I need a 'like' button. Hilarious!

After the Pulpit said...

Would love to visit Madison someday. Places like Madison, Portland, Ithaca, Nelson BC, are great places to go when I need a reminder that humanity is possible.